Booking Terms & Conditions
When booking accommodation with Caban, you are entering into a binding contract with the accommodation owner – Gwyliau Beudy Banc.
1. References to 'us' and 'we' in these Terms and Conditions relate to Gwyliau Beudy Banc, the owner and the manager of the holiday accommodation and references to 'you' or 'your' relate to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party. When we email confirmation of a reservation to you, we enter into a contract with you, which is subject to these Booking Terms and Conditions.
2. Your Booking - We shall confirm a reservation upon receipt of a deposit (usually 20%). You must be over 18 years of age at the time of making your booking. Your booking is made as a consumer and you accept that we will not be liable for any business losses you may incur. We can refuse any booking and we will promptly return any monies you have paid and be under no other liability. As soon as you receive a booking confirmation, you must check it carefully. If there are any errors you must tell us immediately.
3. Payment - You must provide your payment details during the booking process. Non payment of your balance monies, when they become due, will constitute cancellation of the holiday and forfeiture of the deposit payment. Full payment must be made 6 weeks before the start date of your holiday. We are under no obligation to remind you that payment is due. We will attempt to contact you by email only and accept no liability in the event that the email address listed for you does not deliver a message to you. We automatically cancel bookings with overdue payments – this happens on the payment deadline date. Once cancelled we may remove any discount value from your booking and require you to pay the full list price to reinstate your holiday. If you pay any part of your account using a credit card (Visa or MasterCard) we will add a 2.5% card surcharge to your full account.
4. Cancellation by YOU - If you have to cancel your holiday, for whatever reason, you must immediately let us know. Our cancellation policy is:
- Before Payment – No Penalty
- On Payment – We are not required by law to give you a cooling off period, however if you make a genuine mistake on your booking and cancel your booking using self service within 24 hours then at our discretion we can make alterations and apply appropriate refunds.
- At least 6 weeks before your holiday – We will retain your deposit (20%) and any admin fees, but will refund the remaining balance on request. You can transfer your balnce paid in full to a new booking if you cancel your booking online at least 6 weeks prior to your holiday and re-book online before your original holiday start date. (Your new booking must be of equal or higher value, and you can only rebook your holiday once).
- Automatic Cancellation – We will automatically cancel your break if you have not paid in full at the stated balance due date. You cannot reinstate the booking if someone else books first.
- Within 6 Weeks – The full balance paid is non refundable and non transferable. As soon as you know you are unable to take your selected break please let us know. We may be able to offer some flexibility depending on when you cancel, what you have cancelled and when/if you want to rebook. But can only do so if the dates previously booked can be resold - which can only happen if you cancel your booking.
We STRONGLY recommend that guests take out their own travel insurance to cover cancellation. Beudy Banc Holidays does not provide in-house insurance and will not indemnify you for any loss as a result of your need to cancel or failure to pay on time.
If you write to us and ask us to cancel your booking for you we will consider your booking as being cancelled at the date and time we are able to action the cancellation. This may put you into the next refunds category. You are able to reinstate a booking that has been cancelled at any time while the dates remain available and upon payment of your final balance.
5. Changes - If it is possible to accommodate changes you want to make to your booking we will. We will charge an administration fee of £10. Some changes are not permitted after you have fully paid or less than 6 weeks prior to your holiday.
- Extend – You can extend your holiday by adding extra days to the beginning or end of your break if they are available and match our changeover days. We will recalculate your holiday and charge you at the current retail price (no decrease in payment is permitted).
- Slip – You can slip your dates earlier in time if the dates are available. We will recalculate your holiday and charge you at the current retail price (no decrease in payment is permitted).
- Add Guests – You can add guests up to the maximum the accommodation sleeps and will be charged at our current rates per person.
- Add Pets – You can add pets at our current rates if the property allows animals.
- Decrease Guest Numbers – You can decrease the number of guests or pets at any time. No refund of monies already paid is permitted. We will adjust your final balance if you have not already paid it.
- Cancel / Rebook – You can change your dates and/or accommodation choice completely up to the final payment date 6 weeks before you holiday. Cancel your booking as soon as you know you need to do this, and then rebook online anytime up to your original booking start date. (Your new booking must be of equal or higher value, and you can only rebook your holiday once.)
6. Behaviour - We are entitled to ask you to leave the holiday property or refuse you entry, without refund of monies paid or any other liability to you, if in our reasonable opinion your behaviour is unacceptable or we believe is likely to be unacceptable (see Condition 12).
7. Website Accuracy - We do everything we can to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on this website. However, inputting errors unfortunately can happen. We cannot accept responsibility for changes to or closures of local amenities/facilities and attractions etc. referred to in the brochure, which clearly are not under our control. All distances are approximate. If you are booking more than 8 weeks in advance of your holiday you should check the accommodation listing again before you pay your final balance to ensure that we have not added, removed or changed anything which would be unacceptable to you since your initial booking.
8. Cancellation or Changes by Us - Once we have issued you with a Holiday Confirmation we will do our very best not to make any changes to your booking or to cancel it (except due to non payment by you). Sometimes though changes do occur before and after bookings have been confirmed, and very occasionally confirmed bookings have to be cancelled. We promise to do all we can to avoid changes and cancellations but must reserve the right to do so. Most changes are minor.
9. Number of Persons using the Holiday Accommodation -Your holiday group must not exceed the maximum number of persons the property will sleep. If it does then we will refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of your holiday monies or any compensation.
Part Use Discounts: Your holiday group must also not exceed the number of people you have specified and paid for in your booking. If you arrive with more guests we will either require you to pay for the accommodation in full, plus a £25 housekeeping charge to make up extra beds, plus a £25 administration fee for our time to manually change your booking and collect payment. Where inconvenient to the owner they reserve the option to treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of your holiday monies or any compensation. Please therefore set your guests numbers correctly.
If you do not make a specific request the default bed configuration will be provided.
10. Pets - Pets are only allowed at properties where we advertise they may stay, and where you pay for them to stay (£10 for first pet and £10 per pet thereafter). If you take a pet to accommodation that does not allow pets then we can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund. At no time are dogs allowed on the sofas or beds, or to be left unattended in any accommodation. Any garden mess made must be cleared up, where a secure garden is not available pets should be keep under close supervision preferably on a lead. Pet owners are liable for any damage caused.
11. Arrival and Departure - Arrival and departure times vary according to accommodation and are published on our website during the booking process and are in your arrival instructions pack.
You do not normally have to meet us when you arrive as keys are generally kept in keysafes at the properties. In these cases late check-ins are acceptable so long as you do not disturb other guests or local residents. We will normally ask your approximate arrival time and ensure the property is fully prepared.
Please do not request an early check-in on booking. You may be able to request one of your owner a few days before arrival should the accommodation be empty the day before you are due to arrive.
Please do not request a late check-out. You must have vacated the property by the stated departure time, otherwise the owner reserve the right to charge for their housekeeper's time.
If you do not contact us and you have not arrived at the property by noon on the day following the holiday start date we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
12. Your Responsibilities - You must look after the property. This means you must keep all furniture, fittings and effects, (inside or outside the property) in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of the holiday. You must leave the property in the same state of general order in which you found it. If you break these conditions the Owner/Caretaker can make an additional cleaning charge and/or make a claim against you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused. The owners reserve the right to hold a security deposit. Where we hold a security deposit or other funds on account we will take extra fees due from these accounts. You are expected to show due consideration for other people, including but not limited to, other guests, local residents and our staff. If you abuse the property or display rude, dangerous or offensive behaviour towards the Owner/Caretaker or other third party, the Owner/Caretaker can refuse to allow you possession of the property or ask you to leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
In the same way if the Owner/Caretaker reasonably believes you are likely to act as above they can proceed as detailed above.
If you have special requests or needs you are responsible for telling us at the time of booking, although we cannot guarantee that any special requests will be met, and failure on our part to meet any special request will not constitute a breach of contract. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that the property you are booking is completely suitable for your needs. Once you have received the Holiday Confirmation you must check it thoroughly (see Condition 2). Please note that if a particular requirement is not specified on the Holiday Confirmation or Listing details, it is not provided. Unfortunately we are unable to accept any bookings that are specified to be conditional on the fulfilment of a particular request. Such bookings will be treated as 'standard' bookings subject to the above provisions on special requests. If you have a medical problem or disability that may affect your holiday please tell us before you confirm your booking and follow up with details in writing at the time of booking. If we feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we reserve the right to decline or cancel your booking.
Any queries about your booking, after you have received your Holiday Confirmation Form, should be made through the online contact form on your booking or by emailing us quoting your booking reference number.
13. Access - You must allow us, or anyone representing us (and any workman who needs to carry out repairs or maintenance) access to the property at any reasonable time during your holiday.
14. Dissatisfaction - Your holiday enjoyment is important to us. We think it is fair that your reasonable holiday expectations should be met. If they are not, it is equally fair that you provide a chance for them to be put right before you come home. It is impossible to investigate problems of a transient nature (property preparation/cleanliness or heating for example) unless you raise them during your holiday. Tell us about your problem and give us a chance to help. If you wait until you get home before telling us of your difficulties, then unfortunately we cannot accept any liability.
15. Prices - All prices are in UK pounds sterling. All percentage price modifications for extras and discounts are made in respect of the base price of the holiday. We guarantee that the price we quote for your holiday and subsequently ask you to pay will not change once we have agreed to accept your booking as long as you do not make alterations to price sensitive elements or use a different payment method from that selected at the time of booking. We will not enter into negotiation about our price list, specifically the fact that our retail prices may be changed up or down while you are deciding on your holiday or after you have made your booking.
16. Personal Details - We require some of your personal details when making a booking in order that we can communicate with you in regards to your holiday. We take reasonable steps to ensure the security and privacy of your person data. We require a correct address in order to safeguard your payment card against fraud. We require a correct and valid email address as ALL payment reminders and our arrival instructions are sent by email. We will not generally call or write to you unless there is a specific problem which requires us to do so. When you give us your email address we may add it to our mailing list. You are under no obligation to remain on this list and we will provide instructions on how to remove yourself in every email we send.
17. Insurance - We strongly recommend that you have adequate travel insurance. We cannot be held liable for loss howsoever caused. We do not provide in-house insurance and will not refund you for cancellations made by you for whatever reason. We recommend that you insure yourself against cancellation, curtailment and loss of valuables while away from your own home.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Gwyliau Beudy Banc and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Gwyliau Beudy Banc. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Gwyliau Beudy Banc takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.